Friday, June 18, 2010

F is for...

So, I finally figured out something to hang above our mantel. 
(Remember when I didn't know what to do... here?)
Since our last name is Fry I went with a grouping of letter "F"s.

Originally I thought of a piece of artwork or a grouping of vintage mirrors would work nicely
 but alas the wall is angled so artwork looked silly & mirrors just reflected the ceiling.  So "F"s it is! 

Some are from vintage signs, others I bought at various stores & then spray painted...
I still need to work on the interior of the fireplace & the mantel but you get the idea.
(Oh & I realized, "F" is for fireplace too... ha!)

What do you think?

xoxo

4 comments:

sarah said...

How fun and creative! F's have such strong, clean lines.

My Owl Barn said...

That's a great idea! It looks perfect.

Anonymous said...

Lovely way to do something different. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo creative! I think I might steal the idea!!! I have a blank wall and have NO idea what to do with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails